Where can I buy HomeWorx products near me?
Thank you for your interest in HomeWorx! This website is a curated selection by the HomeWorx team. You can find more HomeWorx products at QVC, QVC UK, Ulta, and Amazon.
Does HomeWorx and ScentWorx test their products on animals?
HomeWorx is a 100% cruelty-free brand, and as such, does not conduct animal testing of any kind.
I would like to buy HomeWorx Plug-In Diffusers, Plug-In Refills, and Decor Items. Where can I find those products?
At this time, our friends at QVC are the only retailer to carry these items.
I would like to carry HomeWorx products at my specialty gift / boutique store. How can I get more information about becoming a wholesale customer?
If you are interested in carrying our products at your specialty gift or boutique store, please visit our Wholesale Opportunities page.
Online Ordering and Payment Questions
How long does it take to process my order?
Your order will be processed within 2 business days.
When will I be billed for my order?
Depending on your form of payment, you should be billed for your order immediately.
How can I track my package?
Once your order is shipped, you will automatically receive an e-mail with your shipment's tracking number.
What payment options can I use to purchase my HomeWorx and ScentWorx products?
Currently, you can pay by: VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER, JCB, and DINERS CLUB.
Why is my promo code not working?
There are several reasons why your promo code may not be working. The promo code may have been associated with a limited time offer that has expired or could simply have been entered incorrectly. Please note that only one promo code is available for use per order and that use of a promo code denotes knowledge and acceptance of related terms and conditions. If your promo code is still not working, please contact our customer service team, and we will be happy to assist you.
Do you offer gift cards?
At this time, we do not offer gift cards.
Your website says that the product I want to purchase is out-of-stock. What do I do? How will I know when it is back in stock?
Thank you for your interest in our products and we apologize for this inconvenience. Please contact our customer service department to see when the product may be back in stock. Our team is happy to keep you informed of its status and can even suggest another product to try in the meantime.
What if the product I wanted is no longer available on your website?
If you cannot find the product you are looking for, please contact our customer service department. They can try to help you locate the desired product, or if not available, they can suggest a similar product for you to try.
I love a past fragrance that Harry has created before HomeWorx. How do I find it?
Please contact our customer service department to see when the if product may be produced again. Our team is happy to keep you informed of its status and can even suggest another product to try in the meantime.
Shipping, Delivery & Returns
What is your return policy?
Due to the nature of our products, all sales are final. There are no refunds or returns available on any of our products.
What if my items arrive damaged?
Within 14 days of your order's delivery, we will replace broken items when possible or offer a replacement on items that may have been damaged in transit. Replacement products for reasons other than damage incurred during shipping cannot be accepted. Photos of the broken or damaged items should be emailed to email@example.com with your order number. Only items ordered from www.homeworx.shop will be replaced. If you ordered from a different retailer, you must go through the retailer you ordered from and follow their protocol.
What are the ingredients in your scented candle wax?
Our scented candle wax formula is a proprietary trade secret and, as such, we do not publicly disclose its list of its ingredients.
What type of wax do you use in your scented candles?
We primarily use a food-grade paraffin wax base in all of our scented candles. Depending on the specific scent we are developing, we will occasionally mix in other commonly known FDA-approved ingredients to optimize burn and fragrance diffusion. Our scented candle wax formulas have been developed and refined over decades by the industry’s leading chemists and master perfumers in order to hold and disperse a high content of fine fragrance oil and ensure that each and every candle burns cleanly and evenly when used and maintained properly.
Is paraffin wax toxic?
No, paraffin wax is non-toxic, as are all candle waxes. In fact, paraffin is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in food, cosmetics, and medical applications. Food-grade paraffin is commonly used for manufacturing candles. This answer was sourced/adapted from the National Candle Association (NCA) website.
Do your fragrance oils contain natural ingredients (essential oils) or synthetic materials?
While many fragrances incorporate the use of some natural ingredients, there are many more synthetic materials available on a perfumer’s palette, allowing the perfumer more creative freedom to develop a unique and memorable scent. Synthetic fragrances are much stronger, longer lasting, and more complex than all-natural fragrances, as well as being just as safe to use. Synthetic fragrances are also easier to manufacture as their components are much more consistent when produced, whereas natural ingredients can produce unpredictable results, just as anything in nature would.
What kind of wicks do you use in your scented candles? Do they contain lead?
We use all-natural cotton wicks as well as cotton wicks that have a paper core (or center) and wicks that are a combination of cotton and paper woven together. We do not use metal wicks or any type of metal in our wicks so they do not contain lead.
Is candle soot harmful?
No. The minuscule amount of soot produced by a candle is the natural byproduct of incomplete combustion. Candle soot is composed primarily of elemental carbon particles and is similar to the soot given off by kitchen toasters and cooking oils. These everyday household sources of soot are not considered a health concern and are chemically different from the soot formed by the burning of diesel fuel, coal, gasoline, etc. This answer was sourced/adapted from the National Candle Association (NCA) website.
Are scented candles triggers for asthma or allergies?
Although millions of people regularly use scented candles without any negative effects, it is always possible that a particular fragrance might trigger a negative reaction in sensitive individuals. Individuals with known sensitivities to specific fragrances may want to avoid candles of those scents. In addition, consumers should remember to burn all candles, whether scented or unscented, in a well-ventilated area. If you have any further questions or concerns, we recommend you consult your physician. This answer was sourced/adapted from the National Candle Association (NCA) website.
How do I maintain my scented candle and how long will it last?
The environment in which a candle is burned and how the candle is maintained are the most significant factors in how it will perform. Following the instructions and tips listed below will help ensure optimal results when burning your HomeWorx candles.
• Trim candle wicks to one-quarter inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, high flames, smoking, or sooting. Use a sharp wick trimmer or scissors to trim wicks. Using a dull tool will split the wick’s threads, causing it to “mushroom” excessively. Be careful to not trim wicks too close to the surface of the candle wax (less than one-quarter inch). Doing so will cause irreparable damage to the wick and it will more than likely not burn properly again.
• Center and straighten wicks after blowing out your candle. A wick that has migrated to the edge of the candle glass will cause the candle to tunnel and may cause the glass to crack and break if it burns near or against the wall of the candle. Use a pair of tweezers or a candle wick snuffer to carefully and gently straighten and guide the wick back to the candle’s center while the wax is still melted.
• Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
• Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches, and debris at all times.
• Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, fans, or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, smoking, or sooting.
• Before re-lighting a candle, let the candle cool completely (a candle generally takes approximately two hours to cool). Trim the wick and check for unwanted drafts.
• Burn candles for 3-4 hours at a time. Smaller Votive Candles should only be burned for 2 hours at a time. Burning them for shorter periods of time than these recommendations can cause the candle to “tunnel burn”, leaving excessive wax remaining on the inside walls of the candle vessel. Ideally, the first time the candle is lit, allow the candle to burn until the melted wax pool reaches the edges of the candle’s container. Burning for longer periods of time than recommended can create soot on the glass or cause the glass to become extremely hot, posing a fire hazard.
• Burn candles in an ambient room temperature of 65-75°F. Colder or warmer environments will significantly affect the candle’s burn performance.
• When burning multiple candles, place them at least eight (8) inches apart. This ensures that the candles do not affect each other’s burn performance with the heat they generate.
• If a candle is burning unevenly and the wick is centered, it is in a draft. Rotate the candle 90 degrees periodically to keep it burning uniformly, or move it to another location.
Why doesn’t my candle smell as strong as it used to?
Sometimes, people can become “nose blind” to a fragrance. Formally called “odor fatigue,” this condition can result from constant exposure to an aroma over a long period of time, such as using the same home fragrance every day for weeks, months, or years. To counteract “nose blindness,” we recommend varying your home fragrance from room-to-room if possible or changing them periodically every couple of months.