Candle Care Tips with HomeWorx
Here are a few tips to help you make your candle burn beautifully and burn longer.
Keep candles away from drafts, small children, and any type of fabric.
Keep it away from drafts. You don't want the wind blowing the wicks around when they're lit. Keep it away from small children, so it's out of reach. And don't put it by any fabric. You don't want any of the flames ever getting near a fabric.
To maximize scent output, burn your candle for 2-4 hours.
- To fill up your whole home with scent, we suggest burning candles for at least 2 hours. 4 hours should be your max.
Use the lid of the candle to extinguish the candle, instead of blowing it out.
- All HomeWorx candles come with a monogrammed lid. When you're ready to extinguish your candle, simply place the lid on top.
Before relighting your candle, take a tissue and clean off the ends of the previously burned wicks.
- Gently pluck the mushrooms from the wicks and relight your HomeWorx candle when you are ready.
Once the wick clips extinguish the candle completely, repurpose the glass into something useful.
- At the bottom of every candle we have a wick clip that self extinguishes your HomeWorx candle. Just remember to never light the candle after it’s gotten that low. That means it's finished and it's time to move on to a new scent.
- When the candle is finished, place it in the freezer. Once any remaining wax has hardened, use a spoon to get the wax and bottom wicks out and wash it clean. You can use it for storage for things like q-tips, cotton balls, and hair ties or even for flowers. Check out or blog post on How to Repurpose Your HomeWorx Candle Vessel for some inspiration!